Opening of Red Cross hospital in Grantham July 17, 2019 by Grantham Matters Leave a Comment The Opening Ceremony for the new British Red Cross Society Hospital Marquee on 25 March 1939. The Marquee was used at the various local events that were attended by the Red Cross. It was purchased by the Grantham Detachments of the British Red Cross from monies raised by holding various fund-raising events including whist drives and a recent ball. Members of the Grantham No.11 Mens Detachment and also Lincoln No.6 & No.12 Detachments were present at the ceremony. From Left: F! Assistant Quartermaster Howlett; F2 Quartermaster Roberts; F3 Assistant Commandant Jackson; F4 Commandant Roberts; F5 Mayoress; F6 Mayor Stanley Foster; F7 Quartermaster Reddish.