This is the first run on air after a complete rebuild and the first time running since the early 1960s.
There were a few little knocks but they were sorted during the subsequent week. It took a while to get her running as everything was so tight, but we got there.
She’s on blocks still so static, but all the main components have been completed, the air was to test if I’ve built her correctly. She’s been hydraulically tested to over working pressure. The steam test is needed as the steam will produce the heat necessary for the motion work to expand so we can ensure the valve timing is correct.
The next process is to bend the copper pipes into place, then we can put the rear wheels on. The front end is being shot blasted and so I’ll start painting the front rolls in the next few weeks. There’s still a lot to do before she’s ready.
A big thank you to one and all that have helped with her rebuild, that’s taken nearly 8 years of work to get her to this stage. She’ll be on the road next year.