Detectives are investigating a series of thefts-from-vehicles that has taken place over the last four days.
Since 6 April, we have received multiple reports around the county that work vans have been targeted and tools taken. These have occurred county-wide including areas such as Boston, Sleaford, Lincoln, Gainsborough, Bourne, Spalding and Grantham.
If anyone does have information or has seen a work van being targeted, please contact us on 101 quoting incident 89 of 6 April or contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
We would also like to issue advice on preventing vehicles from being targeted:
- Remove all tools that are essential to your day-to-day business, if this is possible
- Fit additional security deadlocks that are separate to the vans central locking system
- If your vehicle uses keyless entry, store the van keys in a good quality RFID bag when not in use
- Consider fitting a Thatcham approved Ultrasonic alarm that protects both the rear load and cabin areas of your van
- Mark your tools and register them for free at immobilise.com