Sue H says…
Update on progress made following my meeting 5/7/19 with Ian Hayden & Paul Boocock on ULHT-Parking Eye charges at local hospitals.
It covers issues that were brought to my attention prior to the meeting, so I believe will be of interest to the community.
(Responses given in an email from Ian Hayden dated 9/8/19, apart from the FOI one which I posted about earlier this week).
1) FOI request & PCN figures previously requested. I know Paul has said the FOI is a work in progress but time is running out for a formal response to be received, or ULHT risk being held in contempt by the ICO.
(Response – received earlier this week, I posted my reply in full, anyone who didn’t see it & is interested please PM me).
2) What progress has been made on clarifying the difference between “registering” a Blue Badge & “asking” for free parking concessions? Ian said he would address this by making advice given clearer.
Response- registering a BB is at our reception desks – asking for a free concession would be at the dept you are visiting and at their discretion ,we have reviewed the website and feel it is appropriate but if you wish to propose an addition we will obviously consider it
3) Has the validity of pre-payment vouchers been increased from 6 to 12 months as promised? At Grantham, has any progress been made in talks with the owners of The Pantry to make PPV available through their shop?
Response -Validity yes – we are still in discussion with the Pantry on a wide range of issues
4) Have appointment letters been amended to include full details on all aspects of car parking arrangements? Has the web site & NHS Choice been updated ?
Response- Appointment letters under review- web site “ask concessions”being added, NHS choice we have updated and are in discussion with them about old information
5) Do you have a date now for beginning emergency remedial work? What progress has been made on the funding/timetable for the long term maintenance work required? Has any additional bicycle parking been made available at Pilgrim?
Response-we have been out to tender and the order is raised for Grantham,we await a date. Long Term we have commissioned a full condition appraisal of all our car parks which will form the basis of a timetable.
Cycle parking at Pilgrim no progress to date
6) Are the updated site maps, with kiosk locations now available?
Response- with our advertising agency being printed.
7) We discussed putting additional signs re PE as you turn into the main entrance to Grantham Hospital from Manthorpe Road. Has this been done?
Response- on order awaiting installation date
8) Have you had discussions with the other parties who would be involved in changing the first charging band from 0-1 to 0-2 hours & possibly allowing 30 mins free parking?
Response- yes data being collected
9) What steps are being taken to ensure that the public is fully aware when “immunity” is in operation because of system failure? And also when manual ticketing is suspended because car parks are at capacity?
Response- Grey covers with signage are in place on all sites when system is down the machines are covered, we do not totally suspend manual ticketing as if cars are parked in ambulance bays, fire tracks or BB spaces we would still issue a ticket.