John Francis Guile (1903 – 1986)
John F Guile was Grantham Borough’s Town Clerk from 1943 until his retirement in 1968.
He became a solicitor in Nottingham before turning his attention to council work.
His first appointment had been as deputy clerk at Hucknall Urban Council in 1927, becoming clerk a year later.
This was followed by a spell with Huyton and Roby UC near Liverpool. The Hayes and Harlington UC.
From there he moved to Aberystwyth, Wales in 1937 before his move to Grantham.
In town, he was associated with Finkin Street Methodist Church, and became circuit and society steward.