Grantham schools on the move November 18, 2020 by Grantham Matters Leave a Comment The new Little Gonerby School in 1985. The school was vacated by the Boys’ Central School’s move to Rushcliffe Road. LITTLE Gonerby School, built at the junction of New Street and Brownlow Street in 1863, moved to bigger and brighter premises. The children took over the former Boys’ Central School, Sandon Road, in 1985, after the Central moved to Rushcliffe Road. This wasn’t their first move either. For the first 12 years the children had been taught in a room in Union Street. The old school became a care home.