Grantham’s Will Hopkins has been named in England Golf’s 14-player squad ahead of the new 2024 season, the Lincolnite reports
Hopkins is among nine new names included in the squad, along with Eliot Baker, Ben Brown, Charlie Crockett, Matthew Dodd-Berry, Zach Little and Mark Stockdale. Sam Easterbrook and Tyler Weaver have made the step up from the England Boys’ squad.
Six of the 14 players will be UK-based, with eight receiving additional support from coaches while attending their respective colleges in America.
Hopkins, a member of Belton Park Golf Club in Grantham, will be among the UK-based players.
2023 achievements for Hopkins
- Top-10 finishes at The Hal Williams Collegiate, The Johnnie-O at Sea Island and Tiger Intercollegiate (all USA)
- Part of the England team which won The R&A Men’s & Women’s Home Internationals
- Represented Lincolnshire at the English Men’s County Finals, where he was unbeaten in all six matches played
- Reached the quarter-finals of the English Men’s Amateur Championship before missing out through injury to eventual winner Ben Brown
- Reached the last 16 of the R&A Amateur Championship
England Golf Men’s Squad Manager Gareth Jenkins said: “We have a number of new faces this year who have impressed across various championships and we’re looking forward to the year ahead where the players will receive England Golf training sessions with support from world-class coaches, and feature in competitive opportunities around the world in 2024.”