Good bye to a bit of Grantham, history January 12, 2020 by Grantham Matters Leave a Comment EMPLOYEE Syd Duller surveys the demolition work by builders merchants English Bros Road depot in 1970. The building had served as a skating rink and cinema as well as industrial and commercial use. THE Premier Rinks were exposed when builders merchants English Bros (later Jewsons) brought in the demolition men to their Wharf Road depot in 1970. It began as Richard John Boyalls carriage and tram works, later becoming the orderly room for the 2nd Bat Lincolnshire Regiment. By the 1880s it was the Premier Skating Rink and later doubled up as the Kings Picture Hall, a cinema seating 800. By 1918 it was home to the YMCA before returning to commercial use.