The countdown to Christmas has started, and National Trust’s beautiful Belton House in Lincolnshire is getting ready to welcome its glittering Illuminated Trail back this year, between 27 November 2020 – 3 January 2021.
Christmas at Belton House is the perfect way to get outside in the fresh air and into the festive mood. Wrap up warm, get your Christmas sparkle on, and be surrounded by over a million twinkling lights, colourful trees and amazing illuminated installations, transforming Belton’s majestic gardens into a winter wonderland.
It takes between one to two hours to complete the magical mile-long trail, with special light installations along the way set to classic Christmas music.
Wander beneath unique tree canopies drenched in Christmas colour, surrounded by giant baubles, glowing flowers, glittering snowflakes, and clusters of trees wrapped in ever-changing ribbons of colour. And don’t forget to look out for Father Christmas along the way!
The trail’s installations and sparkling lights provide picture-perfect social media opportunities around every corner.
Trail highlights for 2020:
*NEW* this year:
- Candle Magick– Created byCristina Ottonello these giant luminescent candles rise high into the night sky, welcoming you on your way to the Meadow of Light.
- Meadow of Light – marvel at Lightwork’s meadow of light as it gently shimmers and sways.
- Baubelles – Also created by Lightworks, this glowing installation immerses visitors in a tunnel of modern ‘baubles’ and strips of electric light.
- Aurora –More fantastical creations by Cristina Ottonello these over-sized illuminated lanterns soar between the trees.
Back by popular demand for a second year:
- Laser Garden – Step into a garden like no other, abloom with colourful laser lights.
- Tunnel of Light – This majestic tunnel, adorned with over 100,000 pea-lights and almost 50 metres long, is stunning to look at from a distance or to immerse yourself within, making it an Instagram showstopper.
“Wandering around this sparkling trail set against the dark night sky is like entering a wintery fairy-tale”, said Belton House general manager, Ian Cooper.
“This uplifting festive experience is suitable for all ages, and provides a safe, socially-distanced outdoor environment where visitors can enjoy Belton House’s spectacular gardens, festooned with colour and Christmas lights,” he added.
Book your tickets safe in the knowledge that if Covid-19 Government legislation requires cancellation, you can re-book your slot or get a refund.
Christmas at Belton is brought to you by leading events promoter Raymond Gubbay Limited, a division of Sony Music, and hosted by the National Trust. The trail is created by Culture Creative.
For more information please contact: Sarah Runnacles | email@example.com | 01637 873379 or 07788490146.
What: Christmas at Belton – the magical, after-dark, illuminated trail
When: From 27November 2020 – 3 January 2021. Open from 4.30pm, last entry
8pm and closes at 10pm. The festive trail is open on selected dates. For full details and bookings please visit nationaltrust.org.uk/beltonhouse.
Why Visit: Discover a Christmas illuminated trail for all the family set within the beautiful
landscape of Belton House.
Admission: Advanced From: Adult £19, Child £13.50, Family £60 (2 adults & 2 children). Free entry for carers and children aged 2 & under.
Parking £8 per car. Free for National Trust members when booked in advance.
Website: nationaltrust.org.uk/beltonhouse | #christmasatbelton | #mychristmastrails
Address: Belton House, Grantham, Lincolnshire, NG32 2LW