EMERGENCY services were called to a processing plant, on Swingbridge Road this morning.
A fridge in the building stopped working overnight causing 25 litres of a chemical called Trigonox to heat up and explode.
There were no injuries.
It began at 7am today, with firefighters from Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue Service using a specialist unit to carryout a wet decontamination at the Parker Tecknit Europe site.
Four fire appliances and crews attended the scene which has since been scaled down to two. They liaised with a specialist from the company where the leak was reported.