Fire crews from Grantham, Corby Glen and Sleaford were called to a blaze in a stock room off Greenwoods Row this morning.
Customers and staff were evacuated from the Isaac Newton Centre just after 8am this morning (Wednesday, October 6) due to a fire in the stock room of the Ryman stationery shop.
Fire crews used breathing apparatus and hose reels to extinguish the fire.
Fire extinguished using a hosereel jet, dry powder extinguisher, thermal imaging camera and PPV fans to ventilate the premises.
No one was hurt in the incident,and the blaze was confined to the shop.
People regained entry to the building shortly after.
It was caused by a heater accidentally switched on being too close to stock in cardboard boxes.