OVERHEAD line problems between Grantham and Peterborough are still causing disruption between Grantham and Peterborough.
Repair work has been taking place all night and two out of the three lines are now open. The following alterations will apply:
- A reduced service will run between Grantham and London Kings Cross
- Trains between Spalding and Peterborough will be delayed by up to 20 minutes.
- Trains between Nottingham and Norwich will be diverted and not call at Grantham
- Trains between Grantham and Peterborough may be delayed by up to 90 minutes
Further repair work will take place tonight and a normal service is expected to resume tomorrow.
If your journey plans are flexible, Virgin Trains East Coast advise passengers to travel tomorrow if possible. Tickets dated for travel today will be accepted.
Alternative travel options
Virgin Trains East Coast passengers may use:
- East Midlands Trains between Newark / Grantham and London St Pancras International via Nottingham
- Great Northern services between Peterborough and London Kings Cross.
Hull Trains and Virgin Trains East Coast passengers may use each others services.