These firefighters are outside the old Kesteven Fire Brigade headquarters on Harlaxton Road. It was demolished and the new one built in its place several years later. The fire engines themselves look primitive now and were certianly low tech compared to today’s appliances. The firemen from left are, back – B1?, Gordon Walmsley, Dick Joynes, B4, Eric Wright and Pete Brewin, front – Vernon Gilbard, Sub Off Hemfrey and Bert Hutchins. It was sent in by Eric Wright, of Premier Court, Grantham.
NOT the Corination in June 1953 but Mayor’s Sunday three days later. The banners on High Street are still up for the big day which was a washout. On the right is the distinctive round corner of Nightingale’s the stationers.